$1,000,000 up for Grabs to Make LA the Best Place to Play, Learn, Create, Connect, and Live
Posted by Tara Roth on
The Goldhirsh Foundation seeks public input to determine winners of the My LA2050 Activation Challenge. Public voting begins today.
- Starting today, Angelenos can cast their vote to determine who will win the 2018 My LA2050 Activation Challenge, an open call for ideas that will activate 100,000 Angelenos to make LA the best place to learn, create, play, connect, and live. A total of $1,000,000 will be awarded among five organizations to carry out their proposal. Each organization will receive a total of $200,000 (over two years) and partnership from LA2050 in support of their efforts.
- Five finalists have been selected in each LA2050 goal category that will engage Angelenos to make a specific, tangible impact by 2020. The Goldhirsh Foundation’s finalists for the My LA2050 Activation Challenge are:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters LA
- Center for Innovation in STEM Education (CISE)
- Charles R. Drew University
- Common Sense
- Harlem Lacrosse
- LA Street Vendor Campaign
- Long Beach Downtown Development Corporation
- MAKE it in LA
- National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP)
- Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Dodgers Foundation
- Kounkuey Design Initiative
- People for Parks
- Trust for Public Land
- LA County Electric Bus Coalition
- LA Kitchen
- Move LA
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- The Youth Movement Against Alzheimer’s
*in alphabetical order by goal category
Public voting will close June 29th, and winners will be announced on July 9th.
To stay updated on the challenge and to be notified when the winners are announced, you can follow LA2050 on facebook.com/LA2050 and on Twitter @LA2050, and connect with the challenge on Twitter using #ActivateforLA.